Improve Surgical Outcomes &
Promote Patient Compliance
Surgical Complications are Costly to the
U.S. Healthcare System
Surgical Site Infections (SSI) Occur After Inpatient Surgeries Annually1
This Leads to:
Longer Hospital Stays 3-6
Higher Readmission Rates 7
Higher Mortality Rates 8-10
Introducing the IMPACT® 360 Surgical Program
A Turn-Key Solution
Proven to Reduce the Risk of Post-Surgical Infectious Complications
IMPACT® formulas are made with a unique, evidence-based blend of arginine, dietary nucleotides, and omega-3 fatty acids proven to reduce the risk of infectious complications by 51%11 and reduce readmissions12 after major elective surgery.
Reduce Length of Stay by Covering the Cost of IMPACT Advanced Recovery®
GI surgery patients who were provided IMPACT Advanced Recovery® drinks for preoperative consumption at no charge had a significantly reduced length of stay, as part of a perioperative Enhanced Recovery Protocol, when compared to patients who needed to purchase the product out-of-pocket.14
Average Length of Hospital Stay
IMPACT Advanced Recovery® provided at no charge
IMPACT Advanced Recovery® paid for out-of-pocket
A Simple Protocol
Consume 3 cartons of IMPACT Advanced Recovery® per day for 5 days before and at least 5 days after surgery.
Succesfully used in conjuction with Enhanced Recovery Protocols (ERPs) 1-6
Go Beyond a Recommendation
The IMPACT® 360 Surgical Program is an automated solution designed to promote and track patient compliance, plus relieve the burden of product fulfillment.
How it works?
Provider Recommends IMPACT Advanced Recovery® Drink
The patient is provided with sign-up instructions ad a unique access code.
Patient Signs Up
The patient signs up for the program through a secure web portal
Product is Delivered to Patient
The recommended amount of IMPACT Advanced Recovery® drinks is shipped to the patient’s home.
The patient receives automatic text messages reminding them to drink their IMPACT Advanced Recovery® drink.
Patient must opt in to text message reminders during registration and may opt out at any time.
The amount of IMPACT Advanced Recovery® cartons consumed is recorded and available to the provider through a secure web portal.
- Magill, SS, et al. NEJM 2014;370(13):1198-1208.
- Mangano DT et al. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2004;18:1-6.
- Bratzler DW et al. Clin Infect Dis 2006;43:322-330.
- Fleischmann KE et al. Am J Med 2003;115:515-520.
- Dimick JB et al. J Am Coll Surg 2003:196:671-678.
- Shepard J et al. JAMA Surg 2013;148(10):907-914.
- Kassin MT et al. J Am Coll Surg 2012;215:322-330.
- Astagneau P et al. J Hosp Infect 2001;48:267-274.
- Kirkland KB et al. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1999;20:725-730.
- Engemann JJ et al. Clin Infect Dis 2003;36:592-7.
- Drover JW et al. J Am Col Surg 2011;212:385-399.
- Banerjee S et al. Nutr 2017;42:106-13.
- Majumder A et al. JACS 2016; 222:1106-1115.
- Kavanaugh E et al. ERAS-USA abstract, Nov. 2018.
- Statistical significance undetermined.
Decrease SSI’s: Waitzberg DL, et al. World J Surg 2006;30:1592-1604.
Reduce LOS: Alito Aprelino M and de Aguilar-Nascimento JE. Nutr J 2016.
Drover JW et al. J Am Coll Surg 2011; 212(3):385-399.
Lower Average Total Hospital Charges: Banerjee S, et al. Nutr 2017;42:106-13; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2017.06.002.